Just like any other device connected to the internet, the Router too has its own unique IP Address. You will find below the steps to Find Router IP Address on Mac.
- Router Ip Address Software
- How To Find Ip Address For Mac
- Ip Address For Mac Air
- Download Free Router Ip Address For Mac
Router Ip Address Software
To find the IP address of other devices like Chromecast, Xbox, Printer, Raspberry pi etc., that are connected to your network you have two options — use routers DHCP client or install an IP scanner application on your device. Routerlogin.net generally directs you to netgear router ip address page which is 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1, in case of modem router combo,ip address is 192.168.0.1. The MAC address accounting feature provides accounting information for IP traffic based on the source and destination MAC addresses on LAN interfaces. This feature calculates the total packet and byte counts for a LAN interface that receives or sends IP packets to or from a unique MAC address. Hide My Ass presents this short video on how to find your router IP address on Mac OS X! To learn more about setting up routers, please read our article here.
Find Router IP Address On Mac
Most Router Manufacturers use 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 as the default IP Address and make this information available on their websites, in instruction manuals and also on the sticker attached to back of the Router.
Hence, the easiest way to find the Router IP Address would be take a look at the sticker attached at the back of the Router, read the Instruction Manual or head to the Website of the Router manufacturer.
However, above methods do not work if the default IP Address of Router has been changed by your Internet Service Provider or by someone with access to Router Settings.
Luckily, it is easy to find IP Address of Router on Mac and you will below the steps required to Find Router IP Address on Mac.
Steps to Find Router IP Address on Mac
Follow the steps below to find the Router IP Address on your Mac.
1. Click on the Apple logo in the top menu bar and then click on System Preferences in the drop-down menu.
2. On the System preferences screen, click on the Network option.
How To Find Ip Address For Mac
3. On the Network screen, click on either WiFi or Ethernet option, depending on whether your Mac is connected to the Router using an Ethernet cable or connected by a WiFi network.
4. On the Network screen, you will be able to see the Router IP address written in the form 192.168.1.1
Ip Address For Mac Air
Once you know the IP Address of your Router, you will be able to login to the Router by typing in the Router IP Address in Safari or Chrome browser.