Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers that allows you to concentrate on composing and structuring long and difficult documents. What Is Scrivener For Mac? Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers designed for composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on getting you to the end of that awkward first draft.
On this page... (hide)
- 1. Source code
- 2. LyX installers (binary versions)
- 2.1 Windows binaries (Windows 7 and later)
- 2.2 Mac OS X binaries
- 2.3 Linux binaries
- 2.4 OS/2 binaries
- 2.5 Haiku binaries
- 3. Additional Software
- 4. Version numbers
- 5. Previous versions
- 6. Mirrors
- 7. Checksums & signing
- 8. Development versions
1. Source code
The source code of the current LyX release (version 2.3.4) can be found here in tar.gz format, with the signature file here. The package can also be downloaded in tar.xz format, with the signature here.
If you don't know what source code is, see thearticle in Wikipedia. Information on how to verify the downloaded packages using the signature can be found here.
2. LyX installers (binary versions)
Binary versions of LyX for installing in different operating systems can be found below or on the FTP site. The binaries are also gpg-signed.
2.1 Windows binaries (Windows 7 and later)
NOTE: Before you install LyX on Windows, you need to install a TeX distribution. For more information on how to do this, please see this page on the LyX wiki.
Windows Installer: LyX-2343-Installer-3.exe (~58 MB) (GPG signature)
Please note that the present version of the Windows installer does not include updates to such dependencies as ImageMagick. These will be included in an updated installer to be released shortly.
Binaries for Cygwin:lyx-188.8.131.52-cygwin.tar.gz (~56MB) (GPG signature)
In case one of the links above does not work, try this mirror. If the download is too slow try some other mirror closer to you.
For more information about LyX for Windows, see our wiki page.
2.2 Mac OS X binaries
LyX for Mac OS X is available here: LyX-184.108.40.206+qt5-x86_64-cocoa.dmg, and the GPG signature is here.
Before you install LyX you need to install a TeX system such as MacTeX.
In case the links above do not work, try this mirror. If the download is too slow try some other mirror closer to you.
On Mac OS X Mountain Lion you'll get the error message:'LyX' can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. See the explanation here for a work around.
See the LyX/Mac wiki page for further installation tips.
2.3 Linux binaries
Major Linux distributions take care of LyX binaries themselves and you will find LyX in their repositories. For more details about your distribution look in our wiki.
For Ubuntu users, Liviu Andronic maintains a stable PPA (Personal Package Archive) and a daily PPA which contain up-to-date versions of LyX. See the LyX on Ubuntu wiki page for information and instructions.
The versions of LyX on a variety of Linux distributions (as shipped with the vanilla distribution) can be seen on the snippet below. We usually choose testing/unstable repositories. For more detailed listing go here.
2.4 OS/2 binaries
LyX has unofficial ports to OS/2, binaries are here (LyX 2.0.7).
2.5 Haiku binaries
LyX has unofficial ports to Haiku, packages (2.1.x,2.0.0,2.2.3) can be found in Haiku package repositories.
3. Additional Software
If you're not using one of the installers or packages, you may need to install some additional software.
4. Version numbers
Scrivener For Apple
There are certain rules how the LyX version numbers are assigned. Read the following page for detailed information.
5. Previous versions
Please use one of the ftp mirrors below in case our default server (located in France) is slow or unavailable. Both ftp://ftp.lyx.org and https://ftp.lip6.fr/ point to the same primary server, but unless you actively check the signatures of downloaded files, you better use https protocol.
Note that we don't have any direct control over the content in the mirrors, so you are well advised to check signatures of the downloaded files to make sure they are identical to those on the primary site.
- Εθνικό Μετσόβιο Πολυτεχνείο(http) (Greece)
- Uniwersytet Warszawski(https) (Poland)
- Макомнет(http) (Russia)
- دانشگاه صنعتی اصفهان (Iran)
- Universiteit van die Vrystaat(http) (South Africa)
- Universidade de Brasília(http) (Brazil)
- Universidad de Chile (Chile)
- CEDIA (Ecuador)
- Universidad de la República (Uruguay)
- 清华大学开源软件镜像站 (China)
- KDDI総合研究所(http) (Japan)
- 山形大学(https) (Japan)
- AARnet (Australia)
- Dalhousie University(https) (Canada)
- ibiblio(http) (USA)
- University of Utah(http) (USA)
- UCSD (USA)
7. Checksums & signing
We provide gpg-signed tarballs and binaries. That allows you to check integrity of downloaded package and provides guaranty that no one tampered with the binary on the ftp server or on the way to your computer. Our GPG key ID is 0xDE7A44FAC7FB382D (LyX Release Manager). The signatures are found next to the tarballs and binaries.
- To initially import our key via GnuPG, do this:gpg --recv-keys FE66471B43559707AFDAD955DE7A44FAC7FB382D
Attention: Please be careful to use this full fingerprint, spoofed version of shortened fingerprint is already in the wild and it is easy to make new fake ones!
- After that, each time you need to verify a tarball:gpg --verify lyx-2.3.4.tar.gz.sig
to check the signature (or any other signed file you want to verify). Watch out for the 'Good signature...' string.
8. Development versions
Please do not use these for any serious work! They are only provided for testing and development purposes.
Download Scrivener For MacOS
Hello everyone, you can now download Scrivener for Mac, before you do that, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great day so far. If not, don’t worry, this post will turn that frown upside down! Lol anyway, please read on…
Are you a writer? A poet? A musician? Author? scriptwriter? novelists? or anyone who likes to structure and organize their texts/notes? If so, then you will absolutely love Scrivener on your Macbook or iMac. Let me explain.
What Is Scrivener For Mac?
Scrivener is a powerful content-generation tool for writers designed for composing and structuring long and difficult documents. While it gives you complete control of the formatting, its focus is on getting you to the end of that awkward first draft.
Compose your text in any order and in pieces as large or small as you like. View the components of your draft individually or as a whole. Import and refer to research files such as images and PDFs alongside your writing..
Scrivener’s users include best-selling novelists, screenwriters, students, academics, lawyers, journalists and translators. It won’t presume to tell you how to write – it just provides an array of flexible tools that allow you to do things your way, no matter what kind of writing you do.
– Project templates for novels, scripts, APA and MLA essays and more (or create your own)
– Interactive tutorial project
– Import common text files such as .rtf, .doc, .docx, .fdx, .txt, .opml and .odt
– Break up imported texts using the “Split at Selection” or “Import and Split” features
Writing on Scrivener:
– Create and access your work in any order using the “binder” source list
– “Scrivenings” mode temporarily combines disparate documents into a single text for viewing and editing
– Full-screen mode
– Scriptwriting mode for screenplays, stage plays, comic scripts and more
– Familiar text formatting tools
– Live word and character counts
– Mark up your text with comments
– Make notes in the sidebar which become footnotes or endnotes upon print or export
– “Snapshots” allow you to store earlier versions of texts and revert to them at any time
– Name generator
– MathType support
– Set goals using project and document targets
– Automatic backups
Structuring your writings:
– Associate a synopsis with any document in your project
– A virtual corkboard lets you rearrange documents using their associated synopses
– A fully-featured outliner provides complete control over a project’s structure
– Project-wide search
– Track ideas using labels and keywords
Publising your writings:
– Compile your manuscript for submission or self-publishing
– Export to popular formats such as .doc, .rtf and plain text
– Print or generate PDF files
– Export .epub or Kindle files
– Export to Final Draft .fdx format
– Supports MultiMarkdown for LaTeX export
– Sync text files with popular iPhone and iPad apps via Dropbox or Simplenote
Install Scrivener on Macbook & iMac
Remember to like our facebook and our twitter @macheatdotcom for a chance to win a free iPad Pro every month!
Quick Links: Download Telegram Messenger for Mac