Steppenwolf enjoyed worldwide success from 1968 to 1974, but clashing personalities led to the end of the core lineup. Today, frontman John Kay is the only original member left, having served as lead singer for more than 40 years since 1967. Snowtorrent - Just a perfect way to download Steppenwolf and enjoy non stop downloading! Try a partner download (14 day free) which allows users to find, download, and share torrent files easily.
|Studio album by |
|Studio||John Kay's Studio|
|Label||Mums (US)/Epic (Nationwide)|
|16 Greatest Hits|
|Hour of the Wolf|
|Singles from Slow Flux|
- 'Straight Shootin' Woman'
Released: August 9, 1974
- 'Get Into the Wind'
Released: November, 1974
- 'Smokey Factory Blues'
Released: January, 1975
Slow Flux is the seventh studio album by Canadian-American rock band Steppenwolf. The album was released in August 1974, by Epic Records. In the US it was released on the Mums Records label, a short-lived CBS Records subsidiary. It was the first of three albums the band created after reforming in 1974 before they disbanded again in 1976. 'Straight Shootin' Woman' was the last Steppenwolf song to chart on the Billboard magazine Top 40. The song 'Children of the Night' notably posits that the hippie movement at this time had died, and president Richard Nixon is referred to as 'the fool who believed that wrong is right'.
Download Manager For Mac
Guitarist and composer Bobby Cochran replaced Kent Henry on lead guitar in this reformed lineup, until the 1976 breakup. Cochran is the late Eddie Cochran's nephew.
Info on the album
This was the last Steppenwolf album that Goldy McJohn would play on. He was sacked from the band by bandleader John Kay in 1975. A horn section also played on the album.
|AllMusic||(not rated) link|
|1.||'Gang War Blues'||Goldy McJohn, Jerry Edmonton, John Kay, Kim Fowley||4:52|
|2.||'Children of Night'||Kay||5:11|
|3.||'Justice Don't Be Slow'||Kay, Joseph B. Richie||5:00|
|4.||'Get into the Wind'||Bobby Cochran, Casey Van Beek||3:00|
|6.||'Straight Shootin' Woman'||Edmonton||4:04|
|7.||'Smokey Factory Blues'||Albert Hammond, Mike Hazlewood||4:09|
|8.||'Morning Blue'||George Biondo||4:12|
|9.||'A Fool's Fantasy'||McJohn||3:37|
|10.||'Fishin' in the Dark'||Kay||5:47|
Download Flux For Mac
- John Kay – guitar, vocals
- Goldy McJohn – keyboards
- Bobby Cochran – guitar
- George Biondo – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Jerry Edmonton – drums
- Charles Black, Don Ellis, Gil Rathel, John Rosenberg, Sam Falzone – horns
- Skip Konte – Chamberlin (track 10)
- Steppenwolf – producers
- Ed Bannon – engineer
- Arnie Acosta – mastering
- Jerry Edmonton – art direction, design
- Tom Gundelfinger – photography (front cover)
- Ed Caraeff – photography (back cover & sleeve)
Album - Billboard (United States)
Singles - Billboard (United States)
Vlc Download For Mac
|1974||'Straight Shootin' Woman'||Billboard Hot 100||29|
|1974||'Smokey Factory Blues'||Billboard Bubbling Under the Hot 100||108|
- ^ abSteppenwolf USA chart history, Billboard.com. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- ^uDiscoverMusic.com, August 4, 2017 - Death Of Goldy McJohn, Founding Member Of Steppenwolf by Tim Peacock
- ^Discogs - Steppenwolf – Slow Flux
- ^Konjović, S. 'Steppenwolf - Slow Flux'. Džuboks (in Serbian). Gornji Milanovac: Dečje novine (6 (second series)): 22.
- ^'Billboard 200 - Steppenwolf'. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
Downloader For Mac
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Slow_Flux&oldid=942183336'