What you need to install Windows 10 on Mac
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later
- Mac mini introduced in 2012 or later
This video is an informational tutorial to show users how to download TACIT on a Mac computer. It goes through the various download information, including obtaining the JRE platform and TACIT progr. IPSim Installation Instructions and FAQs 1. Download IPSim software and install and extract on your PC or Mac – you need to play with at least 1 other player with IPSim installed on their machine.
- iMac introduced in 2012 or later1
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
The latest macOS updates, which can include updates to Boot Camp Assistant. You will use Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 10.
64GB or more free storage space on your Mac startup disk:
- Your Mac can have as little as 64GB of free storage space, but at least 128GB of free storage space provides the best experience. Automatic Windows updates require that much space or more.
- If you have an iMac Pro or Mac Pro with 128GB of memory (RAM) or more, your startup disk needs at least as much free storage space as your Mac has memory.2
An external USB flash drive with a storage capacity of 16GB or more, unless you're using a Mac that doesn't need a flash drive to install Windows.
A 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro on a disk image (ISO) or other installation media. If installing Windows on your Mac for the first time, this must be a full version of Windows, not an upgrade.
- If your copy of Windows came on a USB flash drive, or you have a Windows product key and no installation disc, download a Windows 10 disk image from Microsoft.
- If your copy of Windows came on a DVD, you might need to create a disk image of that DVD.
How to install Windows 10 on Mac
To install Windows, use Boot Camp Assistant, which is included with your Mac.
1. Use Boot Camp Assistant to create a Windows partition
Open Boot Camp Assistant, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Then follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you're asked to insert a USB drive, plug your USB flash drive into your Mac. Boot Camp Assistant will use it to create a bootable USB drive for Windows installation.
- When Boot Camp Assistant asks you to set the size of the Windows partition, remember the minimum storage-space requirements in the previous section. Set a partition size that meets your needs, because you can't change its size later.
2. Format the Windows (BOOTCAMP) partition
When Boot Camp Assistant finishes, your Mac restarts to the Windows installer. If the installer asks where to install Windows, select the BOOTCAMP partition and click Format. In most cases, the installer selects and formats the BOOTCAMP partition automatically.
3. Install Windows
Unplug any external devices that aren't necessary during installation. Then click Next and follow the onscreen instructions to begin installing Windows.
4. Use the Boot Camp installer in Windows
After Windows installation completes, your Mac starts up in Windows and opens a ”Welcome to the Boot Camp installer” window. Follow the onscreen instructions to install Boot Camp and Windows support software (drivers). You will be asked to restart when done.
- If the Boot Camp installer never opens, open the Boot Camp installer manually and use it to complete Boot Camp installation.
- If you have an external display connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port on your Mac, the display will be blank (black, gray, or blue) for up to 2 minutes during installation.
How to switch between Windows and macOS
Restart, then press and hold the Option (or Alt) ⌥ key during startup to switch between Windows and macOS.
If you have one of these Mac models using OS X El Capitan 10.11 or later, you don't need a USB flash drive to install Windows:
Get Monero Download Instructions For Mac
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2015 or later3
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2015 or later3
- iMac introduced in 2015 or later
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro introduced in late 2013
To remove Windows from your Mac, use Boot Camp Assistant, not any other utility.
For more information about using Windows on your Mac, open Boot Camp Assistant and click the Open Boot Camp Help button.
1. If you're using an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) or iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) or iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) with a 3TB hard drive and macOS Mojave or later, learn about an alert you might see during installation.
2. For example, if your Mac has 128GB of memory, its startup disk must have at least 128GB of storage space available for Windows. To see how much memory your Mac has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac. To see how much storage space is available, click the Storage tab in the same window.
3. These Mac models were offered with 128GB hard drives as an option. Apple recommends 256GB or larger hard drives so that you can create a Boot Camp partition of at least 128GB.
- < Previous Article
- Next Article >
Home > Libraries > Library Philosophy and Practice - Electronic Journal > 790
Libraries at University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The study was carried out to look at the effect of tacit knowledge for effective teaching and learning processes among lecturers at the Delta State University, Abraka. The review of related literature were sourced and discussed in detail under the following concepts: concepts of tacit knowledge, history of tacit knowledge, types of ICTs/technologies used by lecturers for tacit knowledge sharing, the use of tacit knowledge by lecturers in their teaching and learning processes, benefits of tacit knowledge for effective teaching and learning process, factors militating against the effective use of tacit knowledge among lecturers. A descriptive survey research design was used for the study, One hundred twenty lecturers from the department of Library and Information Science, Guidance and Counseling, Sociology and Psychology, Zoology and Biochemistry were used as a sample size a questionnaire was used to collec data. A simple percentage was used for analysis of data. The research findings revealed that not all lecturers are aware of what tacit knowledge is in Delta State University, there is need for faculties and departments to organize staff/lecturers training programme to boost lecturers tacit knowledge, there are infrastructures to harness tacit knowledge, that tacit knowledge is a tool for effective teaching and learning process, that fear of plagiarism has made some lecturers to keep their knowledge to themselves, etc. Based on the findings, recommendations were made to increase the level of usage of tacit knowledge for effective teaching and learning processes in Delta State University, Abraka. There is need for staff training programme in various departments to enable lecturers enhance on their tacit knowledge, the lecturers should make use of infrastructure like internet, computer, critical thinking etc to improve on their tacit knowledge, the lecturers should teach with their tacit knowledge as it will enable the students learn and understand faster than just reading from textbooks.
To view the content in your browser, please download Adobe Reader or, alternately,
you may Download the file to your hard drive.
NOTE: The latest versions of Adobe Reader do not support viewing PDF files within Firefox on Mac OS and if you are using a modern (Intel) Mac, there is no official plugin for viewing PDF files within the browser window.