Oct 12, 2017 Wireshark is one of the world's foremost network protocol analyzers, and is the standard in many parts of the industry.
Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64
Author / Product:
Wireshark Foundation / Wireshark (32-bit)
- Wireshark's powerful features make it the tool of choice for network troubleshooting, protocol development, and education worldwide. Wireshark for Mac was written by networking experts around the world, and is an example of the power of open source.
- Wireshark is a free and open-source packet analyzer. It is used for network troubleshooting, analysis, software and communications protocol development, and education. Originally named Ethereal, in May 2006 the project was renamed Wireshark due to trademark issues.
Download Manager For MacWireshark's powerful features make it the tool of choice for network troubleshooting, protocol development, and education worldwide.
Wireshark was written by networking experts around the world, and is an example of the power of open source. The app is used by network professionals around the world for analysis, troubleshooting, software and protocol development and education.
The program has all of the standard features you would expect in a protocol analyzer, and several features not seen in any other product. Its open source license allows talented experts in the networking community to add enhancements.
Features and Highlights
- Deep inspection of hundreds of protocols, with more being added all the time
- Live capture and offline analysis
- Standard three-pane packet browser
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility
- The most powerful display filters in the industry
- Rich VoIP analysis
- Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Pcap NG, Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer® (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer® Pro, and NetXray®, Network Instruments Observer, NetScreen snoop, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, and many others
- Capture files compressed with gzip can be decompressed on the fly
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Bluetooth, USB, Token Ring, Frame Relay, FDDI, and others (depending on your platform)
- Decryption support for many protocols, including IPsec, ISAKMP, Kerberos, SNMPv3, SSL/TLS, WEP, and WPA/WPA2
- Coloring rules can be applied to the packet list for quick, intuitive analysis
- Output can be exported to XML, PostScript®, CSV, or plain text
Also Available: Download Wireshark for Mac and Wireshark Portable